|Regulating Ontario’s electricity and natural gas sectors
Public Affairs has overall responsibility for corporate communications including media relations, stakeholder engagement and brand management.
We are currently seeking an energetic individual to join our team and assist the OEB in engaging, empowering and protecting Ontario’s energy consumers as we promote a sustainable energy system so that Ontarians today and tomorrow have access to reliable energy at a reasonable cost.
Senior Advisor, Public Affairs
Under the direction of the Director, Consumer and Corporate Communications, identifies potential communication opportunities, prepares strategic communications plans and materials, manages issues and maintains and enhances relationships with consumer and corporate audiences in support of the goals and objectives of the Ontario Energy Board.
Communications Support for Senior Management and Board:
- Consistent with the OEB brand strategy and standards, provides support services including writing, editing, translation, graphic design, presentation preparation and event management
- Provides communications, writing and editing advice on and reviews Board publications directed to stakeholders
- Liaises and develops issue management plans as required with staff in all business areas to prepare communications on OEB initiatives that will generate public interest or controversy
- Identifies potential issues through scans of Board-related information, such as annual salary disclosure, decisions, and regular expense postings and populates the information into a 90-day look ahead for senior management review
Reputation and Brand Index Survey:
- Contributes to and communicates the Reputation and Brand index to internal clients and business partners. Underscoring the impact on the business and strategies and actions to drive positive impressions and perceptions
- Assists in the planning and execution of communications action plans based on relevant results of Reputation and Brand Index
- Provides communication, training and coaching to staff in other departments
Outreach - Corporate audiences and Consumers:
- Assists in identifying and implementing communications initiatives, such as paid: earned, shared and owned media, to communicate and explain Board objectives, programs and services to various audiences in a timely and effective way
- Works with senior management and staff from various departments to coordinate the implementation of integrated communication plans (paid, earned, shared and owned)
- Assists in planning and implementing outreach strategies that enable the Board to engage consumers in a more direct manner in communities across the province and through multiple communications channels
- Post-Secondary Diploma or post-graduate Certificate in Public Relations, Corporate Communications or Marketing or a related discipline with (one of) IABC or CPRS designation
- Undergraduate degree in political science, public policy, communications or marketing disciplines with above Diploma or Certificate
- Professional accreditation from Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) or International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)
- Specialized certificates in crisis management an asset
- Experience in a consumer facing organization (retail, product or services, etc.), political and/or highly regulated environment, Public Relations agency
- Experience communicating with the media in English; developing communications plans and creative campaigns, writing materials, preparing presentations, speeches, traditional and social media materials, event planning, etc., aligned to business goals
- French language skills would be an asset
- 10 years’ experience in a senior communications role with a media relations or issues management focus
- Oil, gas and/or electricity industry experience in a public relations and communications related role Bi-lingual: French and English (preferred)
To view the entirety of this position opening or to submit your candidacy, please visit the original posting page
To post an open position with QP Briefing, please contact us
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.